Previously Unheard Interview Reveals Bob Dylan Had Heroin Addiction In The Sixties

But he won the battle...

An interview with Bob Dylan from 1966 reveals that he had a heroin addiction in the 1960s.

Dylan said he became addicted while living in New York but eventually got clean. "I kicked a heroin habit in New York City. I got very, very strung out for a while, I mean really, very strung out. And I kicked the habit. I had about a $25-a-day habit and I kicked it."

The interview occurred on a private plane to Denver after a concert in Nashville.
He also mentioned that he thought about suicide more than once: "Death to me is nothing. Death to me means nothing as long as I can die fast. Many times I've known I could have been able to die fast, and I could have easily gone over and done it. I'll admit to having this suicidal thing, but I came through."