John and George in air



"That guitar is okay but you'll never make a living with it" -John's Aunt Mimi

"What does it mean when a person is such a pacifist that they get shot? I can never understand that." - John Lennon


"We thought that if we lasted for two to three years that would be fantastic." -Ringo Starr


"When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream." -John Lennon, 1970



"I am alive and well and unconcerned about the rumors of my death. But if I were dead, I would be the last to know." -Paul McCartney, 1969



"I'm a tidy sort of bloke. I don't like chaos. I kept records in the record rack, tea in the tea caddy, and pot in the pot box." -George Harrison, 1969



"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one" - The Catcher in the Rye



"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" -John Lennon



"We all have Hitler in us, but we also have love and peace. So why not give peace a chance for once?" John Lennon



"I think people who truly can live a life in music are telling the world, 'You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly'" -George Harrison



"I am not the Beatles. I'm me.Paul isn't the Beatles...The Beatles are the Beatles. Separately, they are separate." -John Lennon



"The things is, we're all really the same person. We're just four parts of the one." -Paul McCartney



"John had his thing, and Paul had his, and together there were two different things all together. But they fit." -Billy Preston



"When I was about twelve, I used to think I must be a genius, but nobody's noticed. If there is such a thing as a genius...I am one, and if there isn't, I don't care." -John Lennon



"As far as I'm concerned, there won't be a Beatles reunion as long as John Lennon remains dead." -George Harrison







"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first - rock and roll or Christianity." - John Lennon in a 1966 interview



"I'm not saying we're better or greater, or comparing us with Jesus Christ as a person, or God as a thing, or whatever it is. I just said what I said, and it was wrong, or it was taken wrong. And now it's all this." -John Lennon



"There's a lot of random in our songs...writing, thinking, letting others think of bits-then bam, you've the jigsaw puzzle." -Paul McCartney



"Love is like a flower, give it time and it will grow" -John Lennon



"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." -John Lennon



"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace." -John Lennon



"Possession isn't nine-tenths of the law its nine-tenths of the problem. -John Lennon



"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep on watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it." -John Lennon



"As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot." -John Lennon



"Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given, never forgotten, never let it disappear." - John Lennon



"Nobody controls me. I'm uncontrollable. The only one who can control me is me, and that's just barely possible." -John Lennon



"At the beginning I was annoyed with [John], jealous because of Yoko, and afraid about the breakup of a great musical partnership. It took me a year to realize they were in love." -Paul McCartney



"It doesn't matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is or whether I'm a woman or a man." -John Lennon



"If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or my music, then in that respect you can call me that...I believe in what I do, and I'll say it." -John Lennon



"I am going into an unknown future, but I'm still all here, and still while there's life, there's hope." -John Lennon (December 1980)







"I'm really glad that most of our songs were about love, peace and understanding." -Paul McCartney



"You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!" -John Lennon



"I don't believe in killing whatever the reason!" -John Lennon



"Now Daddy is part of God. I guess when you die you become much more bigger, because you're part of everything." -Sean Lennon, December 1980



"I can't tell you how much it hurts to lose him. His death is a bitter cruel blow. I really loved the guy." -Paul McCartney, Dec. 1980



"I consider that my work won't be finished until I'm dead and buried, and I hope that's a long long time." -John Lennon, Dec. 1980



"I hope the fans will take up meditation instead of drugs." - Ringo Starr, 1967



"John loved and prayed for the human race. Please tell people to pray the same for him. Remember that he had deep faith in love and that, though he has now joined the greater force, he is still with us." -Yoko Ono, Dec. 1980



"Love is the answer and you know that for sure" - John Lennon



"There's a woman in the United States who predicted the plane we were traveling on would crash. Now, a lot of people would like to think we were scared into saying a prayer. What we did actually--we drank." - Ringo Starr, 1966



"There is one thing I used to regret and feel guilty about. When Ringo joined us I used to act all big time with him because I'd been in the business a bit longer and felt superior. I was a know-all. I'd been in the sixth form and thought I'd read a bit, you know. I began putting him off me, and me off me." -Paul McCartney



"Lots of people who complained about us receiving the MBE received theirs for heroism in the war-for killing people. We received ours for entertaining other people. I'd say we deserve ours more." -John Lennon



"John was in constant need of proof of love and security and he was constantly testing people for that proof." -Cynthia Lennon



"...the only way you can better John is by copying him exactly." -Yoko Ono







"It's hard to follow my own act. But the only answer to that would be to give up after the Beatles. I only had two alternatives. Give up or carry on." -Paul McCartney



"I've never really done anything to create what has happened. It creates itself. I'm here because it happened. But I didn't do anything to make it happen apart from saying 'Yes'" -Ringo Starr



“The nicest thing is to open the newspapers and not to find yourself in them." -George Harrison



"One of my great memories of John is from when we were having some argument. I was disagreeing and we were calling each other names. We let it settle for a second and then he lowered his glasses and he said: "It's only me." And then he put his glasses back on again. To me, that was John. Those were the moments when I actually saw him without the facade, the armor, which I loved as well, like anyone else. It was a beautiful suit of armor. But it was wonderful when he let the visor down and you'd just see the John Lennon that he was frightened to reveal to the world." -Paul McCartney (on John Lennon)



"I didn't leave the Beatles. The Beatles have left the Beatles--but no one wants to be the one to say the party's over." -John Lennon



"I'd like to end up sort of...unforgettable." -Ringo



"Those of you in the cheaper seats, clap your hands. And the rest of you just rattle your jewelry."

-John



"All You Need is Love" - The Beatles



"There's high, and then there's high, and to get really high--i mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high--that's where i'm goin'" -John



"I declare that the Beatles are mutants. Prototypes of evolutionary agents sent by God, endowed with a mysterious power to create a new human species, a young race of laughing freemen." Timothy Leary



"I now realize that taking drugs was like taking an aspirin without having a headache." -Paul



"When two great saints meet, it's a humbling experience." -Paul



"Explaining the motives behind the breakup of the Beatles: "Personal differences, musical differences, business differences, but most of all because i have a better time with my family."

- Paul





"We never write anything with themes. We just write the same rubbish all the time."

-John







"I think the French girls are fabulous." -Paul



"Us, communists? Why, we can't be communists. We're the world's number one capitalists. Imagine us communists!"-Paul



"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." -The Beatles



"You can go to church and sing a hymn, Judge me by the color of my skin, You can live a lie until you die, One thing you can't hide is when you're crippled inside. " John Lennon



"You're all geniuses, and you're all beautiful. You don't need anyone to tell you who you are. You are what you are. Get out there and get peace, think peace, and live peace and breathe peace, and you'll get it as soon as you like." -John Lennon


"I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and myself and I hoped we passed the audition."
-John Lennon