Images from the past



The Ansonia Public Library. The reason I am a published historian, playwright and fiction author today is because of this library and the staff who worked there. I had some sort of problem learning to read and write, I couldn't really read until I was about nine years old, and of course the Nuns and everyone else just went nuts over that which didn't help me learn to read it just made me really, really, really tense. But the library staff didn't care about such things, they gave me books with pictures and answered questions and let me wander in and out of the stacks at will picking out books with covers that looked interesting. That's how I leanredd to read and that's how I learned to write.

Downtown, to me, when I was a kid, this was better than New York City at noon....
The library, nice huh?
This church has been empty since at least 1960. I don't know why. It's a perfectly good church, although it has no park area, it would make a great teen center or painters studio or a house even